Ah Hah Moments.........

I am constantly evolving and I love being a Woman! In my 20's I didn't feel like a woman yet...I felt like a child playing dress up, I wasn't feeling it in my 30's either, I was to busy being Mom and Wife.....it wasn't until my 40's that I finally feel like I have arrived at womanhood. I am comfortable in my own skin and I am finally at peace with myself. ALL PHOTOGRAPHS AND POETRY ARE ORIGINAL(MINE) UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED AND ARE PROTECTED BY COPY RIGHT ON DAY OF ENTRY.... KMH

My Photo
Name:

I have many passions....I am a lover of life, I get inspiration everyday from my world around me. I enjoy even the simplest things in life.......a beautiful sky, my children's laughter, the dance of a butterfly and music! I love to share my window of the world through the lens of my camera. I try not to overlook the smallest of gifts that Mother Nature has provided for me. I keep my mind open because every moment is a learning experience and if you are still and very quiet, it will let itself be known to you. Sometimes you are the teacher of life's lessons and sometimes you are the student. Each day is a new beginning and has endless possibilities. So live well, and laugh often and more, my dear friends......love much!

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Knowledge



As a small child you are in awe of the world around you, you dream of far away places and put that on your endless list of things you are going to do when you grow up. Then one day you realized that you have grown up and it is too late to do all those things you dreamed about doing. You realize that even though the world is still a huge place, we are but a speck in the universe when it comes the galaxies far above.


You still dream of visiting those places near and far away but now it has been put on hold for your children and then you say, " I will surely do it after my children are grown!" then your children's children appear and you can't bare watching them grow through photographs, you want to be there every moment of their young lives. So your list of places to visit shrinks that much smaller and sometimes you take notice of that and you just think to yourself.....Oh well! I can still do some of it later, perhaps when I retire.



Your senior years are spent laughing and crying along with your own grown children as they tell you every frustrating, but oh so wonderful tales of their own children's strides in life, and hopefully you have seen just a few of the places you always dreamed of visiting when you were the small child. You no longer believe in the North Pole or Never Never Land but relive some of your old dreams through the dreams of your grandchildren.


Then hopefully if you were truly blessed at the end of your life, you realized the best place to have ever visited was in the heart of someone else.

6 Comments:

Blogger dreamy princess said...

Well said, Kimberleigh. One's life is well lived and remembered by the blessings he/she has touched another soul's life. Cheers!

3/09/2006 4:08 AM  
Blogger V said...

Very pretty!
V

3/12/2006 1:34 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

Very very nice, I really liked your post.
Please email me your email address so I can send your invite to the Write Words Writers Club. We would love to have you, it is all about passion for writing.
TJEXPRESSIONS@SBCGLOBAL.NET

3/12/2006 3:35 PM  
Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

This teared me up. I went to Colorado this year, to look at land, because I was thinking about moving, but as beautiful as the mountains are, all I could think of was Xander, my 4-year-old grandson, who lives about 5 minutes from me in Texas...and I knew where I need to be.

Judi

9/19/2006 7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12/10/2006 8:06 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Do you remember the point in your life where everything switched?

I can remember as a boy always wanting to be older. "I can't wait until I'm 18" or "I can't wait until I'm 21" were common phrases in my vocabulary.

Then something changed. And I don't know if it was the MS or the Lyme disease clogging my memory or if it just happened so fast that I missed it, but at some point, things changed.

From that point on, it was all about "I wish I was younger, life was so much simpler then" and "I wish I was younger, I was bulletproof then."

When did that change? And how did I miss that?

Cuz I didn't ask for that change, that's for sure...isn't there some sort of refund or return policy on this new phase in life?

...guess not.

4/04/2007 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home