Ah Hah Moments.........

I am constantly evolving and I love being a Woman! In my 20's I didn't feel like a woman yet...I felt like a child playing dress up, I wasn't feeling it in my 30's either, I was to busy being Mom and Wife.....it wasn't until my 40's that I finally feel like I have arrived at womanhood. I am comfortable in my own skin and I am finally at peace with myself. ALL PHOTOGRAPHS AND POETRY ARE ORIGINAL(MINE) UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED AND ARE PROTECTED BY COPY RIGHT ON DAY OF ENTRY.... KMH

My Photo
Name:

I have many passions....I am a lover of life, I get inspiration everyday from my world around me. I enjoy even the simplest things in life.......a beautiful sky, my children's laughter, the dance of a butterfly and music! I love to share my window of the world through the lens of my camera. I try not to overlook the smallest of gifts that Mother Nature has provided for me. I keep my mind open because every moment is a learning experience and if you are still and very quiet, it will let itself be known to you. Sometimes you are the teacher of life's lessons and sometimes you are the student. Each day is a new beginning and has endless possibilities. So live well, and laugh often and more, my dear friends......love much!

Thursday, February 02, 2006



I had a wonderful excursion out yesterday afternoon with camera in hand. Last summer I discovered a beautiful bronze statue in a neighbors yard and took several shots of it from different angles. I was so impressed with the elegance that I vowed sometime soon to go on a statue hunt through out my city.

My method of choice when shooting is to shoot in close up to extreme close up. When you shoot in this style almost everything you shoot becomes artwork with an almost abstract feel about it.

There are a few ways that I express myself, sometimes it is through written word, other times it is expressed through the lyrics and music of another person and then through the lens of my camera. To understand my photography is to understand me. My lens helps me to express how I'm feeling at any given moment.......... I often wonder if other people pick up on that.

This blog seems to reflect more of my quiet moments caught in photography, I find I post more pictures and use less words here. It must be what I needed to do.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

You are very lucky to have so many ways in which you can express yourself. I am learning to use my words, but when I have help I want to do photography.

2/02/2006 5:00 PM  
Blogger Globetrotter said...

Hi Kim,

Yes, it is quieter over here. Kind of like Walden's Pond. I think it is more serene and tranquil because we are not bombarded with those damn ads and banners.

It was really hard to finally leave my aol blog becuase I had so many friends, and sadly, it seems that a lot of the people who have elected to stay at aol don't come and visit their blogspot friends very often. But then again, I find it harder to go over there, too . Probably because it almost seemed that lines were drawn in the sand at the time of the big bruhaha.

Anyhow, I don't receive comment alerts on my blogspot journal and so I just discovered that you had left a comment in one of my older entries that I just found today! (I really need to get up to snuff with this technical stuff required over here!)

Anyhoo, I mosied on over to your aol blog and discovered that you were recently chosen editor of the week!

Congratulations! Long overdue, my friend, though I have no idea if you've been chosen before...

Keep expressing yourself girl, your photos are wonderful:)

Maryanne

2/06/2006 1:19 PM  
Blogger emmapeelDallas said...

You are such a fine photographer. I haven't been here in a while, but please know that I always love coming here.

Judi

9/19/2006 7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home